GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST BREAD
- ½ cup of raisins, currants or almonds (optional)
- 1 (6 oz) container plain, vanilla or chocolate coconut milk yogurt
- ¾ cup rice milk, plus extra for brushing top of bread
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups of Gluten-free flour mix (2 cups of brown rice flour, 2/3 cup of potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour)
- ¾ teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 1 Tablespoon aluminum free double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon caraway seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the yogurt, rice milk and vinegar and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Stir in raisins, currants or almonds. Add the rice milk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined, being sure to mix in any crumbs at the bottom of the bowl.
Flour your hands and turn the dough out onto the baking sheet. Mound into a dome shape, about 8 inches across. Using a sharp knife, cut a cross shape into the loaf, about ¾ inches deep. Brush the top of the bread liberally with rice milk.
Bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through. Transfer to a cooling rack. Once cooled store sealed to preserve.